Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Meeting Baby Molly

 

We talked a lot about Baby Molly before she arrived, how much fun she would be and what we could do with her.  So the anticipation of her arrival was huge for Lila, Carter and Madelyn. 

They came up to hospital the morning after she was born and busted in the door with the biggest grins I have ever seen yelling baby Molly.  They immediately started loving all over her.  They were beyond excited to finally meet her. The first feeling I had was complete joy seeing all of my babies together for the first time.  Then I suddenly felt like my big babies were not babies anymore and they appeared so grown up.  What happened to them overnight? It was a sad moment for me to suddenly realize this and wonder where the time went.

Meeting for the first time….

IMG_9131

IMG_9133

IMG_9137

Lila wanted to hold her but she wasn’t quite sure what to do!  She just kept giggling with excitement each time she looked at her.

IMG_9165

Madelyn was a pro snuggling with her and patting her arm just like a little mommy.  Every time someone else would hold Molly she would say “I hold her”

IMG_9144crop

IMG_9151

Carter had the biggest grin I have ever seen each time he held her.  It was either pure love or the excitement of thoughts of how he would pick on her later. When someone else besides Brad or I would hold Molly he would say mommy hold her.  He was very protective big brother!

IMG_9153

IMG_9154

IMG_9161

Oh what have I gotten myself into! She was actually trying to suck her thumb.  Looks like we might have 4 thumb suckers!

IMG_9167

A family of 6….

IMG_9175

As we finally headed home on Thursday, I was so excited to see the kids and for us to finally get some quality time together.  As soon as we pulled in the driveway, the kids ran towards the van and I was expecting great big hugs. Instead they went right past me saying where’s baby Molly as they jumped in the van. They were trying so hard to see in the car seat we had to take it out of the van and sit her on the ground so they could all see her.

IMG_9236

They couldn’t wait to get inside so they could hold her.

IMG_9237

Mags had to check her out too

IMG_9241 IMG_9239

IMG_9243

IMG_9249 IMG_9254

The next morning the kids were up before me and Molly was still sleeping so I headed downstairs to spend some quality time with them before she woke up.  However, as soon as they seen me they wanted to know where baby Molly was. I told them she was upstairs sleeping and they wouldn’t give up until I went to get her.

IMG_9270

I couldn’t be more blessed and happy that so far they have adjusted quite well to their new baby sister and seem to love her to death.  I guess what’s one more when all your life you've had to share mom and dad and everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment