Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy!!

 

Well this year’s birthday was much more of a celebration than last year.  In fact some days I forget just how old I am because its almost as if I skipped a birthday…I know I shouldn’t be so forgetful at 25..lol!!  One year ago today I laid in the hospital bed wondering if my babies would be okay and praying that they would hold out just one more day.  I feel so blessed when I think back to all of the answered prayers.  What a stressful time in our lives but we have so much to be thankful for now.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

I had a very relaxing day because Brad was so sweet to take the day off so that I could have a vacation day!  The day started out with a recheck for Madelyn.  She is doing so much better and almost back to normal (nothing slows her down).  The doctor seems to think that this may have been allergy related and that in the future she may take all colds and allergies to her lungs so this could be an ongoing problem.  The worst case scenario would be asthma but we were told this may happen while we were in the NICU.  This is very easily treated by a nebulizer so it could be worse.  Only time will give us the answers to what maybe going on.  Thank you all for your prayers!  Afterwards, we headed to Newport on the Levee for lunch and the babies did SO well.  We ended the day relaxing at home and eating the yummy cake that Brad baked for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment