Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy 11 months old

 

Well it has been an eventful couple of days.  We ended up in Cincinnati Children’s Hospital last night because Madelyn was wheezing, taking short shallow breaths and had a fever. Being a preemie you never mess around with anything that involves the respiratory system.  The whole ride up there I was wondering if I had made the right decision or if I was just overreacting but my mommy intuition told me to go.  We checked in and was immediately taken care of and they diagnosed her with bronchiolitis.  She received three breathing treatments, some steroids and a chest x-ray and as long as all of that helped her breathing than we could go home if not we had to spend the night.  Thankfully, it helped and we were able to go home.  She was sent home with medication in an inhaler which we are to give her every 4 hours however it just doesn’t last long enough and she needs more medicine before the 4 hours is up because she can’t breathe.  So we are going to the peditirian tomorrow to check things out.  I am hoping and praying that the other two do not get this because I don’t think I can take this times 3.  I think the hardest part is the Madelyn is still so small and seems so fragile.  So please pray for her quick recovery.

But on a good note Happy 11 months old our sweet babies!!!  Its hard to believe in 4 short weeks I will have 3 One Year Olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment