Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pretend Play

You really don’t realize how much kids hear good and bad until moments like these:

I heard Madelyn singing one morning and I listened in to try and figure out what she was singing. I heard "Where you go, I’ll go where you stay I’ll stay...I will follow you".  A Chris Tomlin song that she must have heard the other day in the van. Then everyone else started chiming in and singing along with her.

What a sweet moment it was for me to hear her pick up on something so positive and a nice reminder that I too need to watch my actions that little eyes and ears are listening all the time!

Last week we took them to the movies for the first time.  We went to the dollar movie and seen “The Lorax” and they did a great job.  They ate an entire bag of popcorn and watched the movie very intently…I was very proud of them.

Madelyn especially repeats everything you say and also wants to do everything you do.  Here is the perfect example.  I put my purse on the chair one day and and look who decided her purse needed to be on her chair.  This is where she sits at the table!  Too funny!

IMG_7863

Playtime is really fun these days.  They love going to the basement and playing in the toy room.  The other day they came running up the stairs saying shew…we just missed the bear…the bear was chasing us and we just made it!  What imaginations at two years old.

Lately they really enjoy playing pretend and dress up.  Most of the day is spent pretending and its so cute to see what they come up with.

Dress up day..carter wanted to be mickey with of course his lovely shoes!

IMG_7899

And then of course the girls wanted to be princesses!

IMG_7903IMG_7911

Playing together is getting better…not as many fights and we are learning to share!

IMG_7923

Carter loves his action figures!

IMG_7851

The girls playing with Barbie's!

IMG_7929fix

We are also bookworms especially Carter. If you can’t find him he is most likely sitting quietly looking at books.  We also have a new infatuation with taking books to bed and nap, They ask “books in my bed ok lets go night night.”  Whatever works right!

IMG_7944IMG_7860

And this is what we do when we don’t want to go night night.  They pull a pillow off the couch and hide their heads underneath!

IMG_7916

My sweet girls!

IMG_7954

Happy 4th of July!!!

IMG_8020

We are headed on vacation and the kids are so excited.  For days now they have been saying vacation lets go mom to the ocean! They couldn’t sleep the night before and anxiously riding in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment