Saturday, May 12, 2012

It’s a GIRL!

 

We are having a little girl!  She is developing great and weighed in at 10oz at my 19 week ultrasound on May 1st.

She wasn’t in the best position for the ultrasound so we were not able to get a lot of great pictures but they were able to get all the measurements they needed and see all the vital organs.  It was so funny because she appeared to be so squished in there.  I said “doesn’t she know how good she has it in there…she doesn’t have to share that space that anyone….stretch out and enjoy!”

I love her!!! What a sweet profile picture!

Profile 1Profile 2

I think we may have another thumb sucker.  You can see her mouth slightly opened in this picture and above her mouth is her hand that she appears to be trying to suck!

Sucking thumb

I love feet!!!

Foot 2

I will be having another ultrasound at 24 weeks which was decided by one of the doctors before this ultrasound just to check the baby’s growth.  Since Madelyn IUGR “growth restriction in utero” was unexplained they just want to take a second look to make sure she is growing ok.  But according to this ultrasound she doesn’t seem to be behind at all but I will take another peek at her no problem!

I first started feeling little movements around 17 weeks but now I am feeling her move around like crazy.  She is a very active little girl and at times it has felt like she is doing summer saults in there.

I guess I have been experience “nesting” which I never had the joy of during the last pregnancy since at 20 weeks I was on bedrest. I have to say that I love it…this house has never been more organized and cleaned than it is now and I am not even done.

The kids love talking about the baby in mommy’s belly.  In fact, every time we talk about it Madelyn insists on pulling up my shirt and looking for the baby…even when I have a dress she must see the belly which is not fun when in public.  One day, I asked the kids what was in mommy's belly and Madelyn lifted up my shirt and said there is a baby in there...hi baby!!! Then she looks at me confused and says why can't I see the baby?!?! As Carter proceeds to stick his finger in my belly button trying to touch the baby!

Baby Belly picture on the day of the ultrasound at 19 weeks!

19 week1

No comments:

Post a Comment