Friday, November 5, 2010

The Power of Prayer

 

As we prepare for the big birthday bash tomorrow I find myself realizing just how fast this year has flown by.  I just can’t believe it has already been a year.  My babies are growing up way too fast.  I haven’t cried yet but writing this sure is making me tear up.  I am also reminded of what God has done and continues to do for us.

This day one year ago we had no idea that in just 5 short days we would be blessed with the greatest gift that God could give times 3.  Being admitted into the hospital on October 2 at only 25 weeks was the scariest moment of my life.  Not knowing week after week if we would make it another day we had finally made it to 30 weeks.  Being bound to the hospital bed for weeks I found alot of time to talk to God…the one place that I found the most solitude was during my morning shower.  It was the one place that I could finally not be interrupted and pour my heart out to God pleading with Him to just let us make it one more day.  Praying that Madelyn would be okay and that Carter and Lila would be born healthy as well and that if something was to go wrong that He would give me strength to understand His ultimate decision. Most days I would leave the shower not only clean on the outside but also inside.  I felt a peace come over me that I have never felt before and I just knew that I was not alone.  I knew what the power of prayer could do but did I really believe it…I can tell you now without a doubt that God answers prayers.  I am SO thankful for everyone that prayed for us while the babies were in utero and then the continued prayers when they arrived.  I had no idea what God had in store for us and it was a very scary time but I can tell you that I feel so blessed to have walked that path because I now know what an AWESOME GOD we have.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7

Birthday Party pictures to come very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment