Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy and Happy 5 months Hoplets!

Today is Brad's birthday and this also means the babies are 5 months old!!!

Carter has caught a little cold again so we are isolating him from his sisters and hoping it passes quickly. Poor little man has been sick twice in his 5 short months of life! Despite feeling bad he is still so pleasant and never complains. He lays and talks to himself and smiles so big when he sees your face.

Lila is mastering the art of rolling over. After capturing her on video its as if she had forgotten how to roll over. So for a few days she never did it but watch out b/c she has figured it out this week. I can't keep her on the blanket!! Lila is also starting to coo more and is smiling with those sweet little dimples.

Maddie is just as happy as she can be smiling and talking more and more! When I go to get her out of her bed in the morning she just smiles from ear to ear at me...melts my heart.



I also purchased some scales b/c I was dying to know how much the babies weighed. So here is the weigh in.....

Maddie 8.3 lbs

Lila 12.4lbs

Carter 14.8lbs

So everyone has gained a little more than a pound since their doctor visit. I am anxious to see how long they are b/c I can really tell a difference when I pick them up...they are so long! I guess that would be the case since mommy and daddy are tall!

Last weekend was very busy for us. On Saturday we went to visit the Easter Bunny! As you can see below the Easter Bunny LOVED Carter...in fact after the pictures she (aka Lori) wouldn't let him go! Guess he was a very good boy this year:)

Then Saturday afternoon we had our first birthday party to attend. Kyah turned 1 year old on March 18th and we celebrated her birthday! From left to right is Kyah, Lila, Carter, Maddie, and Izzy. Maddie is crying b/c Izzy reached across her to get to Carter and then she tried to make it better by petting Maddie and she wasn't too happy about it!




Sunday was Easter....



Lila playing before church



Maddie playing before church



AND Carter sleeping before church....:)


Of Course next we had to have our photo shoot and they were not too thrilled about getting their pictures taken that morning!










ARE WE DONE ALREADY....Maddie has already given up


Then on Monday the babies got all dressed up for opening day b/c Daddy goes every year. Next year he might have company!!


Hopefully I am not going to jinx myself but we started the babies 1 tsp of cereal at their night feeding bottles b/c they were waking up and eating but not eating well in the morning. So the doctor said it was okay to start and so far for the past two nights they have slept 10 hours straight. WOW...I don't really know what to do with myself and actually woke up the first night feeling exhausted. More sleep than I was used to I guess...I still have to wake up to pump but at least I can go back to sleep and have even feel asleep sitting upright..lol:)

No comments:

Post a Comment