Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My babies are finally together and Lila is coming home today

First Day together





Maddie loves her thumb

F.B.I...Fat, Bald and Innocent...okay maybe not bald but a little thin on top...lol

Sleeping together



They discovered each other and Carter kept sticking his hands in Maddie's mouth!!!


Lila sleeping, Carter checking things out and Maddie sucking her thumb



Maddie giving a big smile, Lila has her feeding tube out and Carter trying to wave at the camera!

I can't even begin to explain how I felt when I walked into the nicu today and finally seen my three babies together again. I have waited so long for this day to come but it won't last too long. To our surprise they told us Monday that Lila would be coming home on Thursday. I couldn't be more excited, scared and sad all at the same time. I just can't wait to get her home but I also cant stand the thought of leaving Carter and Maddie there. We know Carter will probably be home in a week or so but Maddie still has alot of growing to do. I have been there everyday since they were born and I just can't leave them there without someone coming to visit each day. The one nice thing will be the adjustment of having one baby and gradually adding another and then another.

No comments:

Post a Comment