Monday, May 24, 2010

First feeding

I am so thankful today for my three precious miracles.  Everyday that I hold them in my arms I am reminded just how much my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves me.  I often hold one of my three sleeping babies and cry because I am truly overwhelmed with the love that fills my heart.  I am so thankful for everyone who prayed so hard for these babies and I am blessed that I can share my story and allow others to see God’s hands at work.  I am reminded everyday when I look at them that God is in control of our lives and that He does answer prayers.

The doctor’s appointment on Wednesday went great!!  The babies are doing wonderful and growing growing growing….

Carter- 16 lbs 8 oz 26 inches long

Lila- 13 lbs 8 oz 25 inches long

Madelyn- 9 lbs 11 oz  23 inches long

We got the green light on starting solids but are starting slowly with some rice cereal.  We need to make sure that Madelyn doesn’t stop taken her milk because she is full on solid food.  So its high calorie fruits and veggies in hopes that it may actually put some pounds on as well.  But for the next month or so I think we will stick to the cereal until we all get the hang of things including mommy.

The first feeding….

Madelyn didn’t seem too interested in the cereal and was pretty much looking at us like what do you think you are doing.  She is very set in her ways and when she is done with something she is done.  She did enjoy playing with the spoon though and slinging food everywhere.

What am I suppose to do with this…

IMG_4653

Ewwww….

 IMG_4642 

Lila opened right up but once it was in her mouth she wasn’t quite sure what in the heck mommy was giving her.  Now she just wants to chew on the spoon.

YUCK…

IMG_4649

I am not sure any of this made it to her belly

IMG_4661 

Carter on the other hand knew exactly what to do and opened right up and was loving every minute of it.  He does like to put his fingers in his mouth after the cereal is in there and play with it. 

Yummy…

IMG_4644 

He enjoyed trying to help mommy by grabbing the spoon…

IMG_4654

No comments:

Post a Comment